Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food and GD

So I've been trying to find lists of foods that are OK to eat with GD and lists of foods to avoid. But I can't seem to find either. Just lots of websites telling me to avoid foods rich in this or lacking in that. I don't know which are or aren't. Why can't there just be a simple list to follow. I did post a link in my last post that had a small list, but not sufficient enough for me.

Does anyone know of one, or have any personal experience with certain types of foods?
Right now I pretty much just avoid:
  • anything with artificial sweeteners
  • anything that I Know is really rich in iodine such as seafood, (which is not difficult as I don't really like seafood too much to begin with)
  • I've tried cutting back my sugar intake (which is really really hard because I have a Huge sweet tooth!)

My coffee addiction I'm sure is not helping, but I personally do not feel any negative results. My heart rate is always normal according to my Dr. but I have cut back, only because I haven't felt the need to drink as much anymore. I'm pretty much wide awake all the time even though I'm exhausted.

In the past I've tried to pay attention to what I eat and how I feel afterward, but that's so difficult to do all the time or I'll just forget to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

julieblythe85@gmail.com