Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm feeling motivated...

...to not let this disease take me down.
I had a great night last night doing an aerial acrobatics class that really pushed my limits and yet I succeeded. It's a great feeling to know I can do that. I'm planning on starting a new exercise routine. Using muscles I forgot I had hurts, but I know the end result will be amazing, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. I feel as though I am coming out of my latest "funk".
I've also been reading some blogs by other GD fighters and they reminded me that I really am Not alone in the battle. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and to help encourage others. That in and of itself can be healing. I used to be such a positive person, always looking at the bright side of things, telling people it could be worse. Then, I was diagnosed and fell into a rut of self loathing and pity. Not anymore! I refuse to let it get to me as much as it did. I want to live life to the fullest and not let anything keep me from doing so!

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead, girl - attitude is 90% of the battle! Don't let it win.

    ReplyDelete

julieblythe85@gmail.com