Sunday, October 23, 2011

Three Months (almost) of Remission

It's been almost three months since coming off all medication and I've been feeling pretty darn great. Apart from this week.


Last week I went for my annual physical and my GP says everything looks great although my blood pressure was a little low. He is not concerned though, due to my history of naturally low BP. It made me smile when he told me I could eat more salt to help raise it. I love salty foods. ;) So after a month of no medication I gained five pounds! I was really excited, but then I weighed myself the other morning and I have lost those pounds again. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that I have been more physically active lately or if it was the multi-vitamin I have been taking the past couple weeks. I realize now that it contains iodine. I've stopped taking it and have felt more normal than I have in ages!

Although I am "well" again, I do think about what I've been through and all the people just starting out on their journeys. I hope that what I've written will help those people know that they are not alone and will encourage them to research as much as possible about this disease, as there is new information out there. I also hope that what I've written about will educate people on what this disease is capable of, even if what I experienced is not as bad as it could be. 

I am so glad to be moving on with my life, grateful (as weird as that sounds) for this disease. It taught me a lot about the human body and a lot about myself. This might only be a temporary remission, but I am so happy to have a reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

julieblythe85@gmail.com